2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2010 3:10 AM by 1-S91QBB

Can I apply displacement as load to specific part of structure?

Hi,

1) I am working on to applying displacement as loads for 4 rectangular pads as below and attached file. My goal is to some how fixing the parts (I don't know how to yet...), then apply the loads using different displacement values (x, y, z direction) per each pad structures, then see how the main plate becomes stressed and deformed.  Please advise if any...

strucutre for displacement as load.JPG

2) Would you help me to understand "how to use remote loads/Mass" function? Is there any explanation done  ...or example you can send me? This seems be the way to do 1) I guesss....

• Re: Can I apply displacement as load to specific part of structure?
          Anthony Botting

Hi Cheol:
          Yes. Use "Advanced Fixture", choose a reference geometry (such as a plane) and specify non-zero displacement values in specific directions. After run, list reaction forces on the pads and you're done!. Remote Loads is another discussion, though. Good luck. Tony

• Re: Can I apply displacement as load to specific part of structure?

Hi, Tony;

Thanks a lot....it was nice to see it works as you mentioned.

by the way, I wonder if you can comment and help me little more. Actually, I am trying to find the way to solve the simulation sequentially for one model...but separating two parts.

Below is the simplified example of my model consisting with "one larget Silicon die (2mmx2mm), then the other small strucutre 0.2x0.2mm which bonded on top and center of large silicon surface. My goal is to solve the modeling for large silicon first, then apply the displacement results to the 4 supporting pads on small structure.

1)below shows entire model with Si die and smaller structure

Si + small structure.bmp

2) below is the example stress results to deform Si-die with suppressing smaller structure

Si result.bmp

3) below is the small structure with 4pads bonded on top of Si-Die

small structure.bmp

Would you advise and comment if there is a way to apply deformed surface postion of the 4pads to small strucutre as loads, so I can solve the modeling separately between Si-Die and small strucgture? as you may guess, my model consists of large parts and small part, so it's difficult to solve at one time....

any comments or feedback will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Cheol