1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2010 9:27 AM by Steve Ostrovsky

Acrobat Standard and EPDM

Kevin Vaughan

EPDM Version 2010 SP 3.1,

I would like to be able to use acrobat to pdf and combine files in the vault.  I own and have chaecked out all files in question.

When I attempt to combine files I get various combinations of error messages from both EPDM and acrobat

EPDM - No Database Connected with this view -  Is this related to acrobate attempting to write to a EPDM location, but not having an addin?  Ho

Acrobat thinks the files cannot be converted to pdf (not true outside of epdm)

Can acrobat work with files in the vault?

The convert task does not apply, it is for SW files.  I do not wish to write my own task for non SW files - acrobat works for all formats I need to support.

• Re: Acrobat Standard and EPDM
          Steve Ostrovsky

I think the "No Database Connected" warning should be dealt with first. Look up Solution S-020198 in the KB. I could copy/paste all of the info here, but it would be long. Basically, it sounds like you have an orphaned Vault View with some registry info possibly missing. The Solution has detailed info to troubleshoot it.

That would also be inline with not being able to check out and write to the vault when you are using Acrobat.