8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 5:58 PM by Anna Wood

local/roaming profiles, sw settings, and me, and you...

Mark Lennon

Good afternoon everyone...

I've been running into issues for a long while now at work, and I feel kind of crippled, and not sure where to turn.

When I first started working at my current employer, all was relatively good. We were using SW 2006, we weren't using PDM, and we weren't a part of a corporate "profile."

Fast forward to today, we've got XP boxes, with approved video cards (albeit low end cards), Innocielo PDM, and local/roaming profiles within engineering.

I'm no longer able to save toolbar settings, nor am I able to export preference files  thru Solidworks / SW2009 Tools / Copy Settings Wizard.

Before all of the changes (none of which I understand), I was able to save those settings...and now I can't.

Now recently, I've been locked out of modifying the units of precision in a part. If I've got a part open, and I go to the 'evaluate' toolbar and grab the tape measure...and then go try and modify the units from say 3, to 6 everything is peachy, until I try to close out the window by clicking "OK."

I then get a message that says: "Please enter an integer between 2 and 256."

Uhhhh....what?

I tried writing a msg to my local user group, with limiited success. That thread is here: https://forum.solidworks.com/message/164695#164695

I have not tried our VAR yet...but I would like to try that route as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

mark