2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2010 6:38 PM by Dougal Hiscock

black design screen

I've got a problem with my sketch screen.

When I want to make a part, mij screen goes black with two bar in it. When I scroll or change the angle, I got a normal desginscreen. But a mouseclick changes the screen back to black.

Can someone help me?

• Re: black design screen
          Kelvin Lamport

Graphic glitches like this are usually caused by using an unsuitable graphics card and/or driver.

Check http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html for the suitability of yours.

• Re: black design screen
            Dougal Hiscock

Yes it happens even with an approved graphics card and the matching approved driver.

My old VAR suggested disabling the 3GB switch as a cure.  It still happens with the 3GB switch on or off and I can't be bothered spending the time logging each time.

Clearly it bugged them enough to look for solutions, so it's not just you, me and our graphics cards/drivers.

Sometimes they go away by themselves, sometimes they require a re-start.

Sometimes triggered by other open applications, particularly those requiring graphics power.  Google Earth causes it often as do my other 3D conversion programs.

Sometimes triggered by the computer entering or leaving standby.