1. This card has always seemingly run hot from day one.
2. The squirrel-cage fan winds up fast at startup but then idles down and never changes no matter what I do stress-wise.
3. Though "hot" is an arbitrary term, even my service company noticed it and saw fit to warn me during a desktop service repair.
4. The card is out of my computer right now so I can't check it with an IR gun though I'd like to.
5. My setup is similiar to a upper-level gamer's rig AMD-based Phenon II and a CAD card.
Anyone else running a high-end ATI card having this issue?
Thanks ahead of time...