9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2011 8:59 AM by Matthew Lorono

Notes

Kevin Elliott

Is there a good way to set up drawing notes in SolidWorks 2008? The annotation notes don't seem to be very cooperative in keeping margins and tabs consistent. I tried importing a word document, but it didn't come in right. Does anyone have a quick fix for this problem?

• Re: Notes
          Charles Culp

When you create the note do you use the automated numbering? If you use that it should tab properly.  What do you mean by "keep margins"?

Kevin Elliott

Well when I said margins, I meant in that every time i would try to stretch the object window, the text would grow in size and get cut off rather than holding it's size and wrapping accordingly. But i did figure it out using microsoft.

Thanks

Matthew Lorono

If you are creating general drawing notes, might I recommend CommonNotes macro available at www.lennyworks.com?

Matt Lorono

SolidWorks Legion

Follow me on Twitter

Kevin Elliott

Thanks, that macro really helped out a lot.

Mukesh Prasad

Which one of the macro's worked? I'm not seeing any macro that for standard notes. We have special notes for different processes. How can I import these notes on the drawing sheet? I currently have all the notes in one Word Document.

Deepak Gupta

You can edit either of these macros from Leonard Kikstra

CommonNotes: CommonNotes is a highly configurable, user customizable, SolidWorks macro that provides a quick and consistent method for adding common/standardized notes to a SolidWorks drawing. Macro options and common/standardized notes are read from an external data file. (If the external data file is not found, the user will be warned, and the default notes and settings, stored in the macro, will be used.) See OPTIONS below for a list of configurable options that can be added to the data file.

CommonNotes_V1: This macro that provides a quick and consistent method for adding common/standardized notes to a SolidWorks drawing. The common/standardized notes are read from an external data file.

OR

Create a notes library under design library and you can always drag drop from there.

Mukesh Prasad

Deepak - Thanks for replying.

I' edit the macro and use it to create the first note but the second one was done manually. How can I get the macro to create the HEX around the number as shown in the second note?

On the Design Library option: Do I need to create a new library or I can just add the notes to one of the included folders. I'm not sure how to add the notes to the Design Library. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help and input.

Deepak Gupta

Mukesh Prasad wrote:

Deepak - Thanks for replying.

I' edit the macro and use it to create the first note but the second one was done manually. How can I get the macro to create the HEX around the number as shown in the second note?

I will have to check onto that.

On the Design Library option: Do I need to create a new library or I can just add the notes to one of the included folders. I'm not sure how to add the notes to the Design Library. Any suggestions?

Create the notes as required. And then Ctrl +drag them to design library. You will get the option of Add content to the Design Library. Select the folder and name the note for easy reference. And then you can simply drag drop them in the drawing as required. You can create as many as notes or Annotations as required and keep them in the library.

Matthew Lorono

CommonNotes doesn't create the flag note symbol.  It's job is to save you the time of having to manually build the general notes quickly.  Some editing of the annotation after the fact may be necessary, but is generally a lot less work than typing the notes from scratching, using and editing blocks, or all the click and dragging with the design library method.