New on here and new to Solidworks 2010...i've just been tasked with spec'ing up a new system..and in my managers words in regards to budget..."surprise me". So looking for the works here, i'm really out of touch on wat's wat these days in terms of processors and i checked out the recommendations on here which seem to give me the basic spec req. also found this handy list for guidence.
- Intel Core 2 Duo (min) for 32 bit and 64 bit configurations (Core i7 recommended)
- 4GB RAM (or more)
- 100GB hard drive (or larger)
- nVidia FX1700 Graphics Card (minimum for non-intensive graphical applications)
- nVidia FX3500 Graphics Card (for best performance)
- Windows XP Professional with SP3 or Vista Professional with SP2
- High speed internet connection for managing updates
So really all i'm asking for is a little bit of advice. Our tools we design generally consist of 100 parts so nothing major going on assembly wise but we're an expanding company and would like to have he capabilities to handle larger assemblies. We're also keen on producing some photo realistic renderings which i'm aware will probably require some meaty processing and gfx card. I've already got a 2 x 24" monitor setup so just looking for a new tower unit.
Any advice would be much appreciated.