How should I setup the hard drives for a new SW2010 workstation.
I got the go ahead for a new computer build:
- HP Z600, X5650, 6GB RAM
- ATI FirePro V8700 video card
- 24" BenQ Monitor with HDMI.
- Windows 7 64bit, MS Office 2007.
The hardware has been picked out except the hard drive configuration.
- (a) 3 Seagate Momentus XT 500GB SSD/HD hybrid in RAID 0, 1 or 10
- (b) 2 VelociRaptors in RAID 0 or 1?
- (c) 2 SSD, one OS/swap, one data
- (d) ...your suggestion...
My Questions are:
Which of the above would be better performance and reliability?
We don't do much rendering/FEA/ or other analysis at this point, this will be a new SW 2010 workstation, one user only.
We haven't decided where to store the data - locally (faster) on a data drive, or on the server. But I was thinking of working locally and imaging to the server just the data drive. Advice?
We only have one, maybe two users of SW at the same time (one has a laptop) and connect to the server. Right now.
Goal: performance & quality.