1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2010 10:54 AM by Dirk Rettig

Defining Composite laminate stackup

vinoth kumar

I am having trouble in defining the Composite laminate stacks. Solidworks simulation is having the option for defining the laminate stacks in different thickness and in different orientation angles. But, i want to know is there any certain design rules is available for defining the thickness and orientation angles? if it is there, anyone can help me  to know about the design calculation. In solidworks they haven't mention anything about the design rules for composite laminate stack. If i changed the orientation angles between the laminate the displacement results are varying a lot. Please help me on this.

• Re: Defining Composite laminate stackup
          Dirk Rettig

Vinoth - Sounds like you need to do some research related to developing structures with composite laminate so you understand how structures fabricated with this manufacturing method react to material changes and laminate orientation changes. You should understand how this works before you spend too much time in the simulation add-in so that you will know if the inputs of your simulation are generateing meaniful results.