5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 10:11 AM by Justin Roskowske

Exporting for programming in Gibbs and Espirit

Justin Roskowske

We have come across this problem a couple of times now and can't find the solution.  When we need to make something such as a carbon block to burn into a cavity for molds, I will take the part we need and mate it in the locations necessary for our mold.  This would be an assembly consisting of 4 models that the mold will be for and the block that we will be putting the carbon on to get our carbon insert to burn.  How do I take this assembly file and turn it into a single model to export to Espirit or Gibbscam?

We can export the assembly to Espirit, but lose the feature recognition.  In Gibbs, when the assembly is uploaded the locations don't hold.  If the block is moved, the 4 parts will stay in place which makes them out of location in comparison to the block.

The only way I was able to get this to work for our CNC programmer was to make my assembly, make a cavity of that assembly, then make a cavity of the cavity to get back to the original form but have only one solid model.  This loses the features in Espirit as well but allows for programming in Gibbs.  Can anybody help?