We are instituting a new inventory system and we have been asked to create isometric views of all current parts and any new parts or any new revisions. I found a program in one of the forums that gets me pretty close to where I want to be but not quite all the way there. I have two main objectives:
1. Have a macro that is capable of being run through the task scheduler to create isometric .jpg images of all our old parts.
2. Have a macro that can be run on individual parts to create isometric .jpg images of new or revised parts.
Why the macro I attached won't work for me:
- It creates .bmp's...I need .jpg's (our inventory software won't recognize .bmp's)
- It saves the file to the parent directory of the SW file...I need it to always save these .jpg's to one specific directory
- It asks me to confirm (the "Save as bitmap" button)...I need it to automatically do it so task scheduler can run it
- It doesn't change the view to isometric
- It changes the case of the letters in the file name to all lower case...I'd like for it to be the same as the original file name (not imperitive)
I have a very basic understanding of programming, I've gone through the code of the attached macro and I think I have a general understanding of it but I'm struggling to revise it...
many thanks for your help with this.