1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2010 9:41 PM by Alin Vargatu

Upgraded to SW 2010, now I lose all colors from 2008 models

Hopefully this is the right forum, this is my first time posting. Anyways, I just upgraded to 2010 from 2008 where I work. Once I opened 2010 with a part I had, there was a prompt asking me how to display the part, I should've paid more attention, I think there was something about Realview, along with 3 choices. Anyways, I think I left it at the first choice. This was a large assembly so it asked me a few times. I mistakenly hit "don't ask again". The assembly opened up with all the colors gone! All the settings I had as far as the paint colors are gone, so now my parts are only displayed in nice shades of gray. I should've paid more attention. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Where might I find the setting to go back and change it to where it should be? Thanks, Josh.

• Re: Upgraded to SW 2010, now I lose all colors from 2008 models
          Alin Vargatu

Hello Josh,

This could be because the converted data had additional display states automatically created to handle both legacy colors/textures and PhotoWorks or RealView appearances. Check in the ConfigurationManager to see if changing to the alternative display state gives the expected results.

I had the same problem and I solved it by opening all the subassemblies and manually deleting the PhotoWorks Display States in each and everyone of them.