3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 9:03 AM by Lucas Dexter

File is in wrong state

Ajay Baranwal

Hi,

Why everytime the error "File is in wrong state" comes while performing the change state operation.

I have two diffrent folder:  one is CAD Files and other is Standard part operatable by two diff workflow. CAD files's workflow have multiple states while Standard part' s workflow has only one state i.e. checked in.

Suppose i have a drawing assosiated with standard part inside the CAD Files folder and i want to send these for review . At that point i m receiving an error like File is in wrong state. 

Any suggestion what am i missing here. fyi jpeg is attached

Thanks

Ajay Baranwal

• Re: File is in wrong state
          Jim Sculley

It is normal for that message to appear.  The files are part of a different workflow, so they can't be part of the state change.

Jim S.

Ajay Baranwal

Hi jim,

Standard part contains the common parts which have assosiated with several drawings.

bt if this error is normal then this message/error/warning generates a doubt for the users.

Can we hide this warning?

Thanks

Ajay Baranwal

Lucas Dexter

Ajay,

There is no way to remove the waring (that I know of) but you control the warnings settins per group or by user  by double clicking on the user or group to modify.  The last tab in the group properties dialog is "Warnings" and that is where you control the warnings per group.  The second to last tab in the user properties dialog is "Warnings" and that is where you control the warnings per user (these are 2009 settings).

Hope that helps!

Lucas