AnsweredAssumed Answered

Slow

Question asked by Peter De Vlieger on Apr 23, 2010
Latest reply on May 13, 2010 by 1-M4OM40

My collegue has a pipe route with ±75 elbows,  a bunch of T's  and about 150 pieces of pipe. When he tries to edit an existing dimension it takes about 7 seconds from start to actually seeing the resulting difference. If it's a new dimension that needs to be placed then it easily takes even 15 seconds from first click to finally seeing the result.

I personally am not surprised by it. Never the less we are looking in what we can do to speed that up. We already did the obvious things concering realview graphics, settings, etc.

In a drive to really speed things up we even are now hooked up to a GB network instead of the classic 100MB network and have a server solely for the SW data instead of being on the global server in the company. Especially the server switch made a huge difference concerning loading and saving times for the bigger assemblies (bringing it down with 50%). All this didn't make much difference concerning the lag that appears while editing and dimensioning parts, assemblies and drawings.

We use xw4600 Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 4GB (with 3G switch) XP 32 with FX1700 (or FX 1800, depending the user) with dual screens.

Anyone have any suggestion as to how we can dramatically improve the speed while editing larger assemblies?

I know putting more RAM in won't do much  unless someone knows how to make it so that the xw4600 allows for us to switch to 64 version

Outcomes