3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 10:09 AM by Gary Penelton

Drawing Sheet View Reference

Gary Penelton
      Is it possible to change the model reference of a sheet view in a drawing with multiple sheets?  For example I have an assembly with 2 similar parts and the drawing for the assembly has a sheet for each part.  I would like to copy the drawing sheet of one part and change the references in the copy to the other part.
        • Re: Drawing Sheet View Reference
          Derek Bishop

Unless I am mistaken it sounds like you want to copy a sheet format so that you have the same sheet format for two sheets.

Save the sheet format you wish to retain using "save sheet format". In the second sheet that needs to have the format changed, RMB properties and browse to the location of the required sheet format that was jsut saved. This will then insert the saved sheet format into the second sheet.

Gary Penelton
              Derek - I probably did not make myself clear enough, but what I want to do is copy a drawing sheet that contains fully dimensioned views of part A, and in the copied sheet change the view references from part A to part B.
                  Steve Calvert

If part A and B are the same file but different configurations then you can select the drawing vies in the active sheet - hold the ctrl key down and drag then to the new sheet.  Once in the new sheet just change the properties to the new config.  This may work as well if part A and B aren't in the same file but I've never tried that before.  Also, this works great for regular orthgraphic views but it doesn't (at least in SW06) work for detail and section views.

Steve