AnsweredAssumed Answered

eDrawings 2010 activex control in Access 2003 form - printing

Question asked by Troy Bungard on Apr 7, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 by Troy Bungard

Hello.  My company has an applet in Access 2003 that prints a bill of material, routing, and drawing from a user input list.  This was previously setup in edrawings2008.  I am updating it to edrawings 2010 after learning that our design facility has not updated their software in two years because of this issue.  So far, what I have done is open my form in design view.  Delete the 2008 edrawingview and insert the new edrawingview 2010 activex control.

I then renamed the new control, to the old control number.  i.e. emodelviewcontrol1  so that i would not have to change each instance in the code.

Then I had to delete the reference to the old 2008 version as my computer didn't have 2008 and I needed to point to the new viewer anyway.

I open my form, type in a part number - check a checkbox if I want the bom and routing or not.  hit print.  normally, this prints the bom, routing, and print for each part number typed into the list.  i get the bom and routing, and it opens our preview form of the drawing, displays the drawing, but does not shoot it to the printer.  This is where I am stuck.  I'm familiar enough with code to stumble my way through it, but not enough in this case to know what changed between 2008-2010 in the api, or what's missing in my code.  I'm puzzled as it worked in 08 version not in 10 version with the same code....just new reference.

Also, I'm waiting on my copy of the software to arrive - so as of right now, I don't have the SDK.  Is there a location I can download it in the meantime?

I just started this job, and was put on task to fix this issue while I wait for my "Seat" of software to arrive.

any thoughts or help - much appreciated.

Outcomes