2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2010 6:27 PM by Robert Romeo

Corrupt files and Jibberish File folders

Allan Visitacion

Has anyone experienced this? Virus? Reinstall of SW? Reinstall of OS? Thoughts, jabs and wise cracks welcome!

• Re: Corrupt files and Jibberish File folders
          Derek Bishop

Hmm, I'd say you are being used to channel intergalactic communications. Expect a visit shortly from the little green men. Beam me up Scotty.

Otherwise I'm not sure.

• Re: Corrupt files and Jibberish File folders
            Robert Romeo

Did you work through this? I had mine working great then I got this below which I posted on another SW forum.

Hello. I installed a student version of Soldiworks2010-2011 and it worked great for a month or so. I started another study of Excel and put SolidWorks on the back burner for a few months.

I opened Solidworks again recently so I wouldn’t get rusty and a few boxes come up.  One says, “Couldn’t initialize Feature works application” and the other says, “Could not initialize Solidworks utilities.

I also have noticed that my links in the far right “Solidworks Recourses” no longer work I.E. the tutorials link. Should I uninstall and reinstall it or will SolidWorks allow me to do that since it’s a student version?