1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 9:18 AM by anurag shukla

"This version is not commissioned properly..."

I've recently received and installed a student edition of solidworks through my university and after installation when I am trying to start the program, I get an error saying "This version of solidworks has not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier. (200-SDK)"  I have found a discussion with the same problem, but the suggestions of correcting my language and region options and entering a certain command prompt have not worked. I've tried to reinstall it to no avail.  I am using bootcamp on my Macbook Pro (windows XP) to install the software.  What further steps should I take?
        • Re: "This version is not commissioned properly..."
          anurag shukla

This error can be given when the license file for previous version does not get removed.

Please search for this license file and remove it. (SolidWorksStandaloneLic.Lic)

The default location for license file on vista system is c:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\.

And on XP system is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolidWorks\

However if you do not find the file at this location, Please perform Advance search and enable option for including non-indexed, hidden and system files.

After that try doing the activation.