2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 5:25 AM by Iain Saunders

Trying but failing to create unique views for a template

Iain Saunders

I am trying to create views that I can use in a template for multiple users.

The problem I am having is that I need 4 views to be based on pre-created planes being in various but specific orientions. (rather than based on orientating a view and then creating a view from that) The reason they need to be based on the planes is that they will change angle based on imported data.

I see that the planes have kind of a positive and negative side to each of them, shown by a different shade of blue colour. I would like to change these so that when I choose a plane to go normal to, it will, rather than flipping over and rotating around to give me a normal view that I dont want. ( I am picking the planes and selecting normal to this when there is no model in the part and I am not in any sketch) I have tried every way I know to create a view and the only way I have come up with is to record a macro but it only works when you can chose to go normal to a plane and it orientates into the position that you wish it to.

Any help would be soo appreciated!