6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 7:10 PM by Matthew Lorono

    calloutformat.txt not found

      Hi,

      Since updating to SW2010 I've had a bunch of toolbox problems.  My latest is that the calloutformat.txt file is no longer on my computer and repairing the installation, etc. does not replace it.  Can someone attach their calloutformat.txt file, preferably an unmodified 2010 SP0 one?

       

      Thanks,

      Steve

        • Re: calloutformat.txt not found

          Just a little more info - since upgrading to 2010 SP0, no files were in my SolidWorks Data\lang\English folder.  I had to get a new SWBrowser.mdb file from my sales/tech support rep.  So, I now have SWBrowser.mdb and SWbrowser.ldb in that folder and nothing else.  I know I need calloutformat.txt - are there any other files that should be in there?

           

          Thanks,

          Steve

          • Re: calloutformat.txt not found
            Wayne Tiffany

            Mine is at C:\Program Files\SolidWorks2010\SolidWorks\lang\english, not under the data location. But I have attached it anyway.

             

            In the data folder I have SWBrowser.mdb, SWBrowser.mdbold, and test.txt.

             

              WT

              • Re: calloutformat.txt not found

                Thanks, that did the trick!  The file was nowhere on my computer, not just in the wrong place.  I'm not sure what happened during my 2010 upgrade, but it missed several important files and would never make them during re-install or repair.  I'm now keeping a backup of the toolbox folders...

                 

                Steve

                  • Re: calloutformat.txt not found
                    Matthew Lorono
                    I would recommend completely cleaning your system of SW 2010 and reinstalling it to solve these issues form the start.  You'll never know when you run into a similar problem with some other missing file.
                      • Re: calloutformat.txt not found

                        I tried that too, several times.  I even moved the license off the computer, cleared everything, and re-installed, tried uninstalling then re-installing just the toolbox, tired repairing, etc.  The tech rep couldn't figure out how that happened, just gave me the missing swbrowser file.  If I run into anything else, I'm going to format the hard drive and re-install the whole workstation.  I think it might have been something odd with write permissions on certain folders randomly changing - I noticed that sometimes I had full write access to the SW folders, sometimes a few would change to read only, even though I am on the only user account for the workstation, which is a full administrator one... very odd, but that seems to have stopped. 

                         

                        In case you're curious, I'm running SW2010 SP0 64 bit on a Dell Precision 690 with dual Xenon quad core X5355 2.66GHz with 8GB ram and winXP 64.