18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2010 2:07 AM by Anna Wood

Drawing issues

Serge Piastra

Just upgraded to SWX2010 sp2.1 and noticed a couple of bugs in the drawing area:

- When adding a revision triangle, one would select Note > click in the screen area, enter number for the revision, then select Triangle as the Border. The triangle would be shown around the number. Now it comes NEXT to the number, like another character typed in...

- In a view, when selecting a sketched entity (rectangle, circle, etc) that will be used to create a Detail View, any other existing sketched entity on that view will disappear... until Ctrl Q is pressed (Redraw doesn't do it).

Can someone confirm whether they're experiencing the same issues?

Thanks.

Cheers.

• Re: Drawing issues
          Derek Bishop

Yes, can confirm I get both issues happening.

Add to that some detail profile callouts keep switchng to standard and circle even though a with leader and profile callout were selected.

Frankly I'm getting tired of reporting bugs. If I reported every bug I came across then I'd never get work done. These are things that SolidWorks should check and fix before issuing software.

Derek Bishop
              And another is that when you change scale and then revert back to the original scale, the drawing dimensions don't revert back to their original position. Stay tune for more.
                  Derek Bishop
                  Oh yes, when you do this change of scale the hatching also becomes displaced.
                      Serge Piastra
                          Derek Bishop
                          Sorry. Here is another. When I select a part for a relative view and add this to a drawing the part on occasions does not show up on the drawing.
                              Derek Bishop
                              Then there is the one where you create an item number note lined to a balloon annotation. The balloon size goes all wonky. Easy fix is to click on the balloon note and it comes back tothe rigth size. Just a pain when there are lots of them.
                                  Derek Bishop
                                  Sometimew I cannot get a dimension on an angled edge to be parallel to a face no matter what I try. It refuses to follow the face and instead gets put it in horizontal or perpedicular. I then have to draw in a sketch line to get the required positioning.
                                      Serge Piastra

C'mon Derek, they've given us that magnificent new feature called "Mouse Gesture"!...

Just like any new release, SWX introduces new gimmicks and in the process, messes up other areas of the program that were working relatively well before. They simply don't learn.

On the website it says: "Every brilliant idea is inspired by another".

It's more a case of "Every new feature is followed by 10 new problems"...

Cheers.

Serge Piastra

One day, we might be able to call it: Solid Finally Works....

Over & out!

Derek Bishop

Dreaming...

Serge Piastra

Sincere apologies to bring this up again, but I didn't realise how stupid the software had become...
                                                  I spoke earlier about revision triangles (refer original post), but the problem is even worse.
                                                  In some of our drawings, we have the need to add 3 short lines of information enclosed in a box,.
                                                  It used to be simple: Annotation> type in 1rst line, return, 2nd line, return, 3rd line, and then select "Box" for the border.
                                                  Basic stuff.
                                                  Now (SWX2010 sp2.1) one carries out the same task and guess what: SWX puts a box around EACH and every word....
                                                  I can't find a way to overcome this.
                                                  To say that I am totally p.....d off with the dudes at SWX would have to be the understatement of the century.
                                                  Once again, they introduced new gimmicks such as “Mouse gesture”, the Dimension palette and so on… and in the process,

messed up with area of the software that were behaving normally.
                                                  Every new release, it’s the same story.
                                                  And don’t talk to me about how SWX has become more stable, rock solid, that’s just another load of rubbish.
                                                  End of rant. ...

Anna Wood

Serge,

That is interesting as I just created a note in a drawing on my SW2010 SP2.1 install and I do not see this.

Can you create and post a simple example file showing this behavior so we can try with your templates?

Cheers,

Anna

Serge Piastra

Thanks Anna for taking time to answer my post.

I have tried on each and every template we use here (A3, A4, sales drg, handbook, etc…),

even an empty sheet (no title block) and SWX behaves the same way.

Start a new drw, add a note: Note> type 1st line, return, 2nd line, return, 3rd line.

If one tries to add the box at that point, SWX add a box after the last word typed in… not around the whole note, as it did in the previous releases.

When one selects the note (double click) and highlight the 3 lines, add border, it places a box around every lines…

As to send you the template, I’ll need to check first.

You require the “drwdot” or “slddrt”?

Could someone else try what I am experiencing here, perhaps? BTW, all 12 seats here behave the same way....

Cheers.

P.S.: end of another (difficult) day for me (4:30 Australian time). I'll check your answer in the morning. Thanks.