AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inerviewing tips

Question asked by Daniel Melendez on Mar 24, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 by Robert Cruz

Hi all. As I'm currently seeking employment I've found the need for new or improved interviewing skills. With the job market as it is in it's current state the competition is high. Higher than I ever remember it being. Having basic or even good interviewing skills isn't enough anymore.

I've alwaysed prided myself on having good interviewing skills and interviewing well. So much so that I used to say, "just get me an interview and I'll get the job". That no longer seems to be the case. I finally had a chance at two interviews within the past month and didn't get the job. One interviewer replied with simply that the individual they hired had more engineering history than I did and the other didn't wish to comment on the interview he didn't refuse but just seem bothered by the request.

So if anyone would like to add any tips or suggestions on how to inteview better or better prepare for an interview I would welcome anything you have to offer. Oh by the way I was clean shaven, well bathed and did wear a tie. Should I have gone retro and actually wore a suit, do they do that anymore? Thanks, Daniel

Outcomes