AnsweredAssumed Answered

DT, changes to this field are not permitted unless...

Question asked by Jay Tuttle on Mar 24, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 by Wayne Tiffany

I have a DT that has 28 configurations with 5 derived configs for each of the 28.  I want my users to have the ability to edit one of the "Config. Specific" paramters, after placing the config in the assembly.  The error in the dialog box (attached), it says, "Changes to this field are not permitted unless you unlock the corresponding cell in the DT and/or remove any exiting formulas in the cell."  I'm not sure what it means by "unlocking the corresponding cell".  All the cells in the column are formatted as "general" and are not locked protected.  (If that's what it's referring to.)  The cells themselves have no formulas.

The only work around that I know of is to edit this information in the BOM by breaking the cell link.  I was trying to avoid this method.  The problem boils down to having the guys edit a vendor part number.  ($PRP@VendorNo)  I've provided a "prefix" number in the DT due to the complexity of the vendor's part options.  I.E., My DT has all configs under $PRP@VendorNo as D38999/24 and it will need to edited, such as, D38999/24XXXX.  Any suggestions?

Attachments

Outcomes