4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 1:41 AM by chandana jagoda

How align text with arc accurately ?

chandana jagoda

Dear All,

I need to align text with arc nothing deviation with reference arc. but sum letters bottom point divate varius distance of the align arc.why this issue in solidworks? how we solve this issue?

BR

Chandana

• Re: How align text with arc accurately ?

Hi Chandana,

This is inherent in the original font, and common with many fonts. If you look at it without your arc curve, but straight you'll see the light deviation. It is exacerbated when you curve it. If you really want the accuracy to have the bottoms of the fonts line up with your curve, you'll have to place them (characters) individually, or use a program like Adobe Illustrator.

Best Regards

Mark

chandana jagoda
              Dear mark,                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thanks a lot your comments. I know AI is supportive program for this issue.But I want to create 100% accurately align text with reference arc for my engraving CAD drawing for manufacturing. for example,if we think tire side wall lettering, it's very important to accuracy. therefore how we manage solidworks for it. Have an any ideas?

BR

Chandana.

Hi Chandana,

Fortunately there is. Take a look at the attached. What you can do is RMB on the text in the sketch and click "Dissolve Sketch." Now you can move the characters individually by fence selecting them and then moving them by carefully grabbing a line, arc or spline entity (not a point) and repositioning them. Remember if you hold down your Alt key while dragging you turn off snapping or inferences which can be helpful.

If you want to be really exact, you can actually alter the dissolved sketch text by replacing sketch entities of it (like you see I did for some of the SW characters) as well you can RMB on spline entities and "Simplify the number of spline points in them to make them more manageable.

Best regards

Mark