0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 4:03 PM by Jim Sculley

Local Revision and Drawing Revision - Should they always match?

Jim Sculley

We have a QA approval process that requires the revision number to be on the drawing during the approval process.  I have created a workflow to handle this and it is 95% complete, but there is one thing I noticed that bothers me.  If I submit a drawing for QA approval, it will enter the state 'Checker Approval Pending'.  The local revision and drawing revision match and are both 0.  When the designated checker approves the drawing, it moves to 'Project Manager Approval Pending'.  The drawing revision still shows 0, but the local revision is now empty.  This is due to the fact that the transition from  'Checker Approval Pending' to 'Project Manager Approval Pending' sets a variable tied to a custom property in the file (title block signature info) which modifies the file and creates a new version.  I can make the proper local revision 0 appear if I change the revision counter increment to zero and increment the revision in the transition between the two states.

My question is:  Should I even care that the local revision and drawing revision don't match? Or should I only care about it once it has been aproved by all parties and moves to the 'Approved' state?

Jim S.