1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 1:21 PM by Wayne Tiffany

AutoCAD 2010, EPDM and x64

Jim Sculley

It is my understanding, after reading some fine print buried in the Knowledge Base, that the AutoCAD add-in for EPDM is only available in 32 bit format.  I know I explicitly asked about this when evaluating EPDM and was told that 64 bit support was present.  I was also told that AutoCAD 2010 was supported, but it looks like that didn't show up until EPDM 2010 SP2.  In any event, the problem I now have is this:  AutoCAD 2010 x32 will not install on a 64 bit operating system, as far as I can tell.  Therefore, all of our AutoCAD users will not be able to use the EPDM add-in.

It appears to be a 32 bit DLL, so I'm pretty sure this isn't possible.  I would be thrilled to discover that I am incorrect.  If so, I would like to know how I go about getting the add-in to work.

If I am correct, can someone supporting AutoCAD users comment on the usefulness of the add-in?  I assume that it is more a matter of convenience than necessity, like the SW add-in.  Nice to have, but you can do everything from Windows Explorer if necessary.

Jim  S.

• Re: AutoCAD 2010, EPDM and x64
          Wayne Tiffany

I asked one of the ACAD boys here and they only use the EPDM addin in Inventor, not ACAD.  He said the main reason is because ACAD won't let you make the file writable after you have opened it read-only.  So in that respect, there isn't much value in the addin.  Now that being said, we don't use the workflow so there may be other functionality there that we don't use.

He also offered the opinion that if the DLL file is a .net file, there is only one version - your .net framework version on your machine compiles to suit at the time of usage.

WT