Anthony Gomez

What did you think about the meeting?

Discussion created by Anthony Gomez on Mar 3, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 by Jim Lowery
Last night was a great meeting and we had a massive turnout, there were 43 in attendance including VARS as well as members. I would like to say a personal thank you to all the presenters as well as our group sponsors for all the help and items you provided for door prizes. Jamey and Steve from AeroTek provided drinks for the meeting, and Kamal Kahn of GeoMagic sponsored a portion of the delicious Rudy’s BBQ. I opened with a short but sweet review of my trip to SolidWorks World 2010, followed by a very informative and interesting presentation into the work of 3D scanning and image processing given by Kamal Kahn of GeoMagic. Then Brian Ross from Texas Engineering showed how a lot of times we can be our own worst enemies when it comes to SolidWorks design of Large Assemblies. I know that I learned a lot from that presentation and will definitely use many of his tips. Lastly Chuck Newmister of BOXX Technologies, in Austin, wowed us with the power and precision computers that the BOXX label has available for both personal as well as business they have a machine that can be customized to fit exactly what you need to get your project done in the best way possible. At the end of the night we closed with a huge door prize give away started out by Chris Castle of SolidBox giving away a Space Navigator, followed by BOXX Technologies box of goodies, then we gave away 3 $25 Best Buy gift cards provided by MLC-CAD. Thank you again for all who attended last nights meeting and I look forward to June to see how our already packed house grows. Oh one more thing that I almost forgot SolidBox announced last night that they will be giving away Dell PC in December for our last meeting of the year. The catch is you are only eligible for the drawing if you have perfect attendance throughout the year so for those who did not attend last nights meeting sorry but you will not be eligible, but for those in attendance please make sure you make every meeting between now and then to stay eligible. Next meeting they will be giving away a 22” flat panel monitor. See you all in June.

Outcomes