yesterday I installed a fresh Win7 Prof on my computer with SWX 2010 SP2.1 and PDMWE SP2.
Since we didn't migrate the vault yet, I don't have PDM connected to any vault aka I have no local vault views added.
SWX runs fine, I can't test PDM.
Now come the strange thing. We use an AddIn I developed for SWX based on the API SDK Template.
That AddIn uses the PDM API too.
But when the AddIn is enabled and I close SWX some seconds after it shut down the PDMWE Error dialog apperas telling me "... has encountered a problem and needs to close. ..." with the option to describe and send an error report.
I tried following things:
- PDM SWX AddIn activated, my AddIn activated --> error
- PDM SWX AddIn activated, my AddIn deactivated --> no error
- PDM SWX AddIn deactivated, my AddIn activated --> error
- PDM SWX AddIn deactivated, my AddIn deactivated --> no error
- PDM SWX AddIn activated, my AddIn activated but PDM API disabled (I deleted the dependency and removed all code for PDM) --> error
- PDM SWX AddIn deactivated, my AddIn activated but PDM API disabled (I deleted the dependency and removed all code for PDM) --> error
So the problem persists even I disabled all useage of PDM in SWX and my AddIn and I still get the PDM crash.
The content of the crash logs is not very helpful only thing I know is that it has something to do with my AddIn even it doesn't use PDM API it produces the crash.
The crash report inclused 4 files with the following content:
"SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Log File" "x ",
a user info file,
"Crash Dump" "MDMP“§ e "
and an xml file with all loaded dll's and stuff but missing myAddIn dll or any other PDM dll but it is not complet it seems since it breaks in the middle of an entry...
How can my AddIn cause PDM to crash even it doen't make any use of it?
Any help appriciated