4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2010 8:33 AM by Jim Wilkinson

View (heads up) customise

Mark Larson

I cannot customise this, no problem doing this in 2009. We are waiting for a good time in work schedule to change over and I was playing with 2010, used help, followed the help, but View (heads up) does not appear in custimization.

Did his change from 2009 to 2010? How do you modfy commands that appear in the heads up?

• Re: View (heads up) customise
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Mark,

Yes, this has changed in SolidWorks 2010 as documented here.

You turn the entire toolbar on and off by checking/unchecking "View (Heads-Up)" from any of the interfaces where you can turn toolbars on/off.

To add/remove buttons, just like any other toolbar, go to Tools, Customize, Commands and drag buttons off of the heads up view toolbar to remove them or to add them drag them onto the toolbar from any of the categories in the Commands tab. Most of the view related commands people like to put on this toolbar are in the Flyout Toolbars, Standard View, or View categories, but you can put any type of command there now with SolidWorks 2010 (before it was limited to a predefined set of commands and only in a predefined order available on the right mouse button.

I hope this helps,

Jim

Mark Larson
              thanks, but the heads up itself does not appear in the command area. No problem turning the toolbar on & off, i just want to change what appears there
                  Jim Wilkinson

Hi Mark,

There is no "category" for the heads up view toolbar under the Commands tab if that is what you mean. However, the way that you customize this toolbar (and any other toolbar for that matter), is simply find the command you want to put onto a toolbar in the categories list (you can take a command from any category) and then drag it onto the actual toolbar in the user interface.

So, as an example, if you want the Rotate View command on the heads up view toolbar, go to the Commands tab, click on the View category, then drag the Rotate View icon from the dialog onto the heads up view toolbar into the position where you want to place it. As I noted, starting with SolidWorks 2010, you can now put any command on the heads up view toolbar (like you can put any command on any toolbar) so if you want the extrude command on the heads up view toolbar, you would click on the Features category and then drag the extrude icon to the heads up view toolbar.

Make sense?

Thanks,

Jim