2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 5:58 AM by Karl Motherwell

A sharing violation occurred while accessing an unnamed file

Karl Motherwell

Hi

I'm getting the message "a sharing violation occurred while accessing an unnamed file" when attempting to create mesh in parts using SW2010 x64 SP2.1. the message appears in a dialogue box titled 'Solidworks'.

When this occurs it greys out all Simulation toolbar options and I cannot right-click on the study features either - I either need to close and re-open the file being worked on or unload and reload the Simulation Add-in to re-enable Simulation tools.  It seems to occur when I perform 'high quality' meshes (Draft quality unchecked), but it also occurs when I increase mesh from coarse to fine whether Draft quality is checked or not.

The parts I am simulating are not complex by any means and I have de-featured as much as possible before creating the study.  In any case, if geometry was too complex I would expect a Mesh failure message.  At first I thought it might be a corrupt model but I have even been able to recreate the problem using a Simulation Tutorial part file downloaded from the SW site!

The system is a brand new, Win 7 x64 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 955, 8GB RAM, ATI FirePro 5700 with fresh install of  Solidworks 2010 SP2.1.  Bare minimum of programs installed: Office 2007, Adobe Reader, Firefox and CCleaner as its purely for CAD use.  Everything else seems to run sweet as a nut, including Part, Assy, Drawing, Photoworks etc.

All files are stored locally on C drive in user/xxxx/documents folder and all other user file locations have been set in options to local directories as its a single seat installation so not reading from the network at all.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated, I have not been able to contact VAR yet as it only occured this afternoon and is first time I have used SW Simulation add-in except for VAR training course last week!

Yours hopefully

Karl

Message was edited by: Karl Motherwell  Changed thread title for easier linking to knowledge base answer