2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 5:26 AM by Nikita Golovlev

Error: BomGui

Nikita Golovlev

Wasn't sure where to post this, but considering "Gui" I thought this to be a good bet.. also sorry if this has been dealt with before, please point me to the solution

Anyway, I keep getting an error message titled "BomGui".

The message is: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". I have seen another one as well that I didn't write down. It always happens when you open a part from an assembly, and then go back to the assembly either by closing the part or Ctrl-tab.

The error is really annoying because once you click OK it instantley pops up again, meaning you have to Ctrl-alt-del and shut down SW.

Please help cause this is really anoying.

I'm on SW10 2.1 (same thing was in 2.0), winXP 32bit.

• Re: Error: BomGui
          John Sweeney

Hi Nikita,

I don't see that window title or error message anywhere in our code.  This error may be getting caught by the operating system which is showing a generic error dialog.  If you can reproduce the problem, please pass it along to your VAR so they can get a problem report written and an SPR generated.

Thanks,

John

• Re: Error: BomGui
              Nikita Golovlev

Thanks John,

I uninstalled what I suspected to be the problem - Toolworks BOMmanager. I uninstalled that and the problem disappeared. However, the Maxwell render plugin stopped working. Reinstalling that (repairing actually) fixed the problem. Thought you may want to know, since I didn't contact my VAR.