2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2010 3:16 AM by Glenn Schroeder

2 Title block Questions

Peter Hunstein

2 things I'm having problems with in drawings (I'm still very new to SW). First, I can't seem to delete information entered into a title block field. I can highlight it and hit delete but as soon as I click the next box the deleted text comes right back. How do I delete text from a title block field? The second question is how do I change font size of the text in any one field?

thanks

peter-

• Re: 2 Title block Questions
          Glenn Schroeder
          To edit or delete text in a title block, right click on your drawing sheet away from a drawing view and select edit sheet format from the drop-down list.  Click on text to highlight it and then hit the delete button or double click to edit it.   I don't have SolidWorks open right now but I think double clicking on text should also bring up a box to choose from font styles, type sizes, etc.  When you are finished making your changes, right click again and choose edit format again to exit.  I hope this helps.
            • Re: 2 Title block Questions
              Glenn Schroeder
              I realized that I don't know what type of text you want to delete.  My answer above is the method to use for text that is constant from one drawing to the next, such as a company logo.  For text that changes from one drawing to the next, go to File - Properties to open up the block containing date, etc.  Where you want a blank space, delete the text that is there and hit the space bar.  If you don't put a space there, the text will come back.