10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 7:56 PM by robert dattilo

T-blk text too light

robert dattilo

Hello;

I'm finding that the permanent information that's contained in my title block, like the do not scale, or the standard tolerances, is plotting very light. I thought to try to change the font, but when I go into edit sheet format, & grab that text, I don't see an otpion for that. Also what font when attained is good to turn some previous acad text into, to make it dark? I've also attached the file I'm working on.

Thks, in advance for any info.

rob_d(2009 sp4)

• Re: T-blk text too light
          Derek Bishop
          If you go into tools, options, system options, and colours, you will find a list of the various colour settings for items displayed in SolidWorks. I can't find the right one at the moment for the borders and text in the title block but it is there somewhere. I remember I had the same problem. Someone else might be able to find the right one. Otherwise hunt through and find the ones that are set to grey and change them to black. If the borders change you hit the right one.
            Kenneth Barrentine

the problem you're experiencing is related to the color not the font.

leave your settings alone and instead try this;

before printing, go to ...

file> page setup> drawing color> select black & white

this has the same effect as using "monochrome" screening (pen assignment) in acad.

robert dattilo

Hello;

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still getting the light background text in the t-block. I've tried both making the inactive entities, black in color, & I selected the black & white option in the page set up, which makes total sense, but I still get the light text as described. I did attach the file if i'm lacking something on my systems.

Any additional direction is appreciated;

rob_d (2009 sp4)

Anna Wood

Robert,

See attached picture for my question to you.

If those are the entities that are not printing in black.  Explode the block that contains all your title block text.  Then change the colors of the text and line entities with the Line Format Toolbar.

Cheers,

Anna

robert dattilo

Hello;

No, all text except for the Bld products ltd holland, mi. & and any linked values comes out light. Like do not scale,  the tolerance charts, etc; all of that comes out light. Again the bld products ... is one of the only things that prints dark.

Thks,

rob_d (2009 sp4)

Anna Wood

Robert,

I am out of ideas for you.  I think you should call your VAR and have them come out and visit to see what is going on in your set-up.  There is probably something very simple going on.  But since we are not sitting at your workstation it is hard to diagnose.

Cheers,

Anna

Kenneth Barrentine

step 1, explode text

step 2, delete layer 0

step 3, change color (if desired)

robert dattilo

Hello;

We did contact our re-seller, & at this point the problem has still not been solved, even though he spent a few hours going through all he could think of. I know that we could change the text to Arial in the t-blk info, and that would work,  but we have tons of drawings with this text that acad and the plotters would create a black output. We wouldn't want to have to deal with drawing after drawing, thinking it seems to be the way SW, works with these printers. The text font file is simplex.shx., with a style of simplex, as listed exploded in acad. The printers we're using are a Kyocera mita KM-5035 KX  using KX Driver Version 4.4.0403 over network shared printer, & a Konica Minolta c650 PCL using Konica MInolta c650 version 5.1.2.0 over network share printer. Both drivers installed on the server using the OEM CD that came with them. On these you can't even make the text out. 

It does produce more of a dark gray which is more legible on our HP 4050 Laserjedt using the Windows Server 2003 built in HP4050 Laserjet PCL driver, but that isn't even really black either.

I wanted to add this information in case someone has dealt with these issues with these printers. Our I.T. guy has emailed the print companies, but we've recieved no information yet & this was the step the re-seller said to take at this time. 

Anyway, thks for any additional info.

rob_d (2009 sp4)