5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 10:43 AM by Albert Whatmough

Menus collapsed

Albert Whatmough

Ok, I hate to always be bringing up the "funny issues"   But, I have a dual screen setup a 19" motitor at 1024 X 768 and a 24" at 1920 x 1200.

On the 24" monitor my right click menus are expanded but if I have SolidWorks open in the 19" they are not I have to hit the to little arrows to erxpand them.

Any Ideas on how to fix the issue or what is causing it?

Cheers,

AlExtend Menu.png

• Re: Menus collapsed
          Kelvin Lamport
          Have you tried using the same resolution on both monitors?
              Albert Whatmough

Kelvin,

the same resolution does solve it... but the issue is I want the lower resolution for the purpose of screen recordings.  Is is possible the the issue is realated to that lower screen resolution?  I mean.. if I didn't have two monitors then would a system setup as 1024 x 768 have that same issue?

Anna Wood

Albert,

Why don't you try a single monitor setup at the resolution you want and let us know what the results are?

Or what I do sometimes when I want to create a smaller resolution video then what my default resolution is for my 30" monitor.  I have created my own screen background image that is the size 1024 x 768.   I just keep that centered in the display and size my SolidWorks window to the background image.

Cheers,

Anna

Josh Brady
                    If you want lower resolution screen recordings, just make the SW window smaller and record only that area.  Not sure what software you are using for recording, but the freeware, open source CamStudio works pretty well.  You can very easily define whatever portion of the screen you want to record.
                        Albert Whatmough

This is kinda funny... but it I use 1024 x 768 on my 24" monitor then it does not have the problem.

I know I can just shirnk the window.  But, if you do that then menus will extend outside of the recording area.  So, I need ot record on a monitor that is 1024 x 768.  not just size it to 1024 x 768.  I guess I was just hoping somebody new what caused SW to automatically collapse the menu so I could correct the problem in stead of looking for a work arround.

Cheers,

Al