AnsweredAssumed Answered

Most usable solidworks release?

Question asked by Dougal Hiscock on Jan 7, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 by Dougal Hiscock

For the last two years I've been paying for my own solidworks upgrades (self employed).  For most of this time I've been waiting for a solidworks release which did everything I needed and was nice and stable.  So I could quit the time consuming and irritating upgrade path.

2008 started very badly, but in the end was getting okay.  It was still very slow.

2009 got the performance and user interface better, but each service pack seemed to fix some parts and break other parts.  Parts that I relied on heavily.  For example 2009 SP4.0 introduced weldment errors which make cutlists into an inaccurate mess that needs manual editing.

By manual editing I mean drawing a line through the wrong value and adding a correction note beside it.  A terrible thing to have to do on a drawing.  But that was all I could do.

I've had the 2010 discs for almost a month now and I can't bring myself to install it until I have a backup of SW2009 working properly.  The joy of upgrading has been well and truely beaten out of me.

Has anyone found a solidworks release which they considered stable enough to keep using and not forever running the gauntlet on upgrades?

Outcomes