Check-In question

Discussion created by Guest on Nov 12, 2006
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 by Sean Collins
Just wondering if someone here could help me. First let me explain how our process works. I create a drawing, sign it, get a checker to sign it, and then get an engineer to approve and sign it. It will then route through our document control system and get approved. Let's say I create a drawing and it is at Rev. A. I print the drawing and get the signatures and then start the routing process. I then check the drawing into PDMWorks as Rev. A. Before the document is approved a mistake is found on the drawing. I then have to check the drawing back out and fix the mistake. The drawing will remain at Rev. A because it has not been approved through our DC system. The problem. When I check it back in, it will be at Rev. B, which would be incorrect. I know that I can allow latest revision overwrite and revision bumping, but if I do that then everyone else can too, which I don't want. What is the best way to handle this? Is there any way in which I can only allow admins to overwrite latest revion and revision bumping?

Dan

Outcomes