Anthony Gomez

12-1-09 Meeting minutes

Discussion created by Anthony Gomez on Dec 3, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2009 by Anthony Gomez

Well for my first meeting as President besides the weather being wet and cold things went great. Starting off the meeting with sandwiches from Fox’s Pizza Den which from all the comments where delicious. First presentation of the evening was presented by myself and was from a new group sponsor SolidMap. Rick Herrera was the winner of the SolidMap license seat given away at the end of the evening. Corey Bower from Texas Engineering helped some of the users overcome some of SolidWorks issues they had been experiencing as well as showing us some of the common tech support problems. Next Nadia Shea from MLC-CAD wowed us with the wonders of SolidWorks Xpress, (you know the free stuff that we pay for with SolidWorks), showing us the power and even the Green side of SolidWorks and its Xpress products. Last but certainly not least our very own Bruce Buck showed us how to create complexly curved geometry. I want to personally thank everyone who made it out to the meeting and hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas. I am looking forward to SolidWorks World next month and will definitely have a highlight video from it at the next meeting. See you there if you are going. Let me know what you thought of the meeting.

Outcomes