6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 10:59 PM by Deepak Gupta

Edit Sketch/Feature not working after library feature

Seth Renigar

Most of the time, after I have any interaction with library features, either by adding a library feature to the current part or even editing a library feature part itself, I can no longer edit existing sketches or features.

I have my popup toolbars turned off.  So, when I right click on a sketch or feature, either in the feature tree or the graphics area, and select it's edit command, it simply does nothing.  However, I have a hotkey set for editing sketches.  And when I highlight a sketch and use my hotkey, it will allow me to edit the sketch.  I don't have a hotkey for editing features.  So that continues to be uneditable.

This happens ONLY after having interaction with library features, about 95% of the time.

I have other coworkers that also have the same exact problems with the popup toolbars turned on.  So that eliminates that as the problem.

Occasionally, after continuing to work like this for a period of time (if I don't have any existing features that I need to edit), this functionality will start working again.  But most of the time I have to simply restart SW to get it to work.

Right now we are using SW2009 SP3.0.  But this happened in SW2007 as well.  We skipped SW2008, so I can't verify that.

Does anyone know what may be causing this, or how to fix this without restarting SW?