You can use a mouse gesture as a shortcut to execute a command, similar to a keyboard shortcut. Once you learn command mappings, you can use mouse gestures to invoke mapped commands quickly.
Every function available in the in-context menu offered by the SolidWorks Enterprise add-in can be assigned to a mouse gesture in SolidWorks 2010.
To reassign a mouse gesture command in SolidWorks:
• Create a new document
• Load the SolidWorks Enterprise PDM add-in
• Click Tools > Customize… and select the Mouse Gestures tab.
• Set Category to Enterprise PDM
• Click the Command column header to sort the commands
• Choose one of the mouse gesture directions to reassign, and in the row for the new command
• By default, four directions are available. Select 8 gestures to assign commands for eight gesture directions
• Click OK to save