Ben Conners

Weldment Part Problem

Discussion created by Ben Conners on Aug 7, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2008 by Ben Conners
I have attempted to use a master sketch profile in an empty part to build my model.  I need this pofile at various angles about a circle so this is why I placed it in a part to be inserted multiple times.  The model is a weldment part, the empty part with master sketch is a regular part.<br /><br />I use lines in the sketch to locate the inserted parts (since there are no bodies).  These constraints hold in the <As Machined> configuration.  When in the <As Welded> configuration upon rebuild the inserted parts do not hold their location.  Upon futher rebuilds it eventually goes back to the desired position (there is a rebuild loop).<br /><br />I know that in most cases using reference geometry should be avoided in the weldment environment, so I tried putting a dummy solid in the inserted part to locate.  This also did not work.<br /><br />I have attached two files, both attempts (using ref. geometry and using solid faces and edges).<br /><br />Does anyone have any insight into this problem?<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />C. Lawrence<br />LOVAT Inc.<br />SolidWorks Office Premium 2008 SP4.0

Outcomes