Stephen Gioacchini

Weldment grouping

Discussion created by Stephen Gioacchini on Jul 30, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2008 by Stephen Gioacchini
Hey all,

I subitted this to Sw a while back but never heard. Wondering if anyone else sees something similar.

try this and you can look at the attached pics for reference. I have 2 horizontal runners (W24x104) and 3 stringers same beam. At the beginning of the runners the first stringer beam is perpendicular and the face of the flange is flush with the end of the runner. The other beams are spaced out as needed. By doing this, the cut list groups the 2 runners, the 2 inner stringers and the end stringer is separate. The only way I can get them to group as 3 stringers is tofake the dimension for the location of the first stringer so it is offset by 1/16" finside the end of the runner. I hope this is understandable.

If you look at the second picture you will see how I had to offset.

Does anyone else have this problem? I sent it to my VAR who duplicated it and reported it to SW but have heard nothing since. Wondering if anyone else has a better solution. Offsetting the beam 1/16" looks kinds stupid and is just within our tolerance. I prefer to give more accurate info.

The option that I was given was to move the lone beam to the other folder in the cutlist but that messes with the automatic updates.

Outcomes