Elizabeth Bailey

Help with multiple weldment issues please...

Discussion created by Elizabeth Bailey on Apr 9, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2008 by Tom Goplin
Hello out there!

I started this thread on the "Sketches" page because I was having issues (and still am) with a particular sketch in my part/drawing. Please reference the posting titled "Help with underdefined sketches please!" If you can bear to read through all that's posted in that forum, you'll get the gist of what I was asking there.

Drawings are posted in a reply from Anna to me. I was not able to post drawings myself because my zip software produced .rar extensions, not .zip. Go figure.

I am still not able to resolve creating angled anchor plates discussed in the Sketches forum. I still do not have an answer to my question about scaling wall blocks to real time (8x8x16). In addition, I have two new issues.

First, I have angle iron on a short wall that I need to extend from the wall to the interior point of a tangent piece of angle iron. However, I am not able to do this. I have tried the Trim/Extend command, but the error message keeps coming up that the bodies do not trim each other completely. I've tried the fixes I can think of (not many, only been in the program a little over a week) - any suggestions? I can send someone a drawing/part if that helps, but because I don't have the right zip software I can't attach them to my posts - sorry.

Second, I am trying to turn my sketch line into a piece of 4x6 angle iron. I need the angle iron to be oriented with the 4" dimension running up the wall and the 6" dimension projecting out into the room. However, the iron is creating itself the opposite way, and rotating it around the axis of the line that created it does not resolve the problem. And mirroring it does not seem to offer the option of deleting the original body. Help?!? This was not a problem with my earlier parts - what makes this happen in a drawing?

Thank you thank you thank you!

Elizabeth Bailey

Outcomes