AnsweredAssumed Answered

My process for getting a clean installation of SW

Question asked by Wayne Tiffany on Nov 13, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 by Derek Bishop

When I update to a new version, I like to have a clean installation for a variety of resons, the first being that I don't want anything coming through that will affect my new installation.  I appreciate the help that SW gives by leaving some settings to be picked up, but no thanks.  But it isn't always an option to totally wipe the machine and start over.  So when I updated our laptop, I kept track of what I do in order to get a good clean install and I have attached it here.

The "cleanup" doc goes through the steps I take with some amount of explanation of why I am doing it that way.  The "settings" doc is a graphical compilation of the settings as we choose to have them for the way we work here.  There are reasons behind each setting, and some of your reasons will be different, but this is what works for us.  I also didn't say why I have these settings as I do - that's the topic of a different discussion.

The point of this post is to provide my cleaning procedure for anyone that wishes to read and follow suit.  If you have questions, feel free to ask.

WT

Outcomes