3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 4:58 PM by Chris Sonon

Unknown archive server error

Hal Hardin

There are a couple of files, that when I try to get latest version or open, I get an error message " Unknown Archive Server Error". Does anyone know what this error message means and what I need to do to correct the problem?

• Re: Unknown archive server error
          Chris Sonon

Hal,

Do you have access to the actual archive server log available in the admin client? If so is the error message the same or is there more information provided?

God Bless,

Chris

Hal Hardin
              Thanks for the reply. I spoke with our EPDM administrator and he says "no, there is no other information provided". We were told to make a similar part and advance it thru the same steps as you would see in the history including a roll back to try and replicate the error and we can't replicate the error. We are in contact with the people that handled our initial setup and they don't know what the problem is. This same error message has come up with several files. Where part was used in an assembly it tells me it can't find the file. I may have to try opening an earlier version, which I can do, and do a save-as. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
                  Chris Sonon

Hal,

There are several things you can do. I would start by having the IT department export the log from the Archive server and post it to the question here. This will allow for better review.

Please note the following is for advance user(s) only:

Another option, if you have access is to check the database for the associated hexadecimal name of the file on the backend of the archive server and COPY the file external and rename it to the original name and see if the file can be opened in Solidworks. If the file can be opened in Solidworks then the issue is not related to the actual file (meaning it is not corrupt). You would then want to investigate any issues with the database information; you could do some test queries on SQL to see if the linkings of the file(s) are correct.

The above is not recommended for an average user, you may want to have your VAR push this up to Solidworks as an SR.

God Bless,

Chris