5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2006 4:23 PM by

Configurations - Assy and Parts

How are configurations, whether part or assy, handled in the vault? Are each config shown? Can you search or where used? Please give detailed explanation. Thanks, Tim...
        • Configurations - Assy and Parts
          Maksum,
          The variable names are the same for custom and configuration specific properties. I tried using different variable names but SolidWorks/PDMWE adds the configuration specific variables/properties to the custom properties tab in the part/assembly automatically after checking the part in. That's the nature of the beast I guess.

on 2006 7 08:44 Maksum wrote:
          > Hi Lucas.......
          >
          > What is variable name for configuration specific ?
          > BTW, could you share you file data card, please ?
          >
          > thank`s
          > -mks
            Hi Lucas.......

What is variable name for configuration specific ?
            BTW, could you share you file data card, please ?

thank`s
            -mks
              Here is a screen shot of a multi configured parts data card. Everytime you add a configuration it adds another tab.
              Hope that helps.

Lucas Dexter
              Engineering IT Systems Admin CADD/PDM

Hello,
                PDMWE handles configurations just like SolidWorks does; the base part is all you see while browsing the vault. The configurations show up in the data card as tabs. Each config has its own tab and data card and the data card is filled in with configuration specific properties if properly set up. I like the way it works as apposed to Smarteam that actually treats configs as seperate files in the vault.
                  Can you post a screen grab? Is there a way to exclude a configuration? We use configurations to represent parts...like a family of parts...but configs are also used for things like alternate position views, flat patterns, etc.....and these would not need their own cards.

Jason
                  SolidWorks 2006 SP4.0 on WinXp SP2
                  UG NX 2.0.2.2 on Win2000 SP3