5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 2:02 AM by Mahir Abrahim

Tab Stops on forms

Jason Capriotti

How do set the tab stops on forms?

Sometimes it just stops and won't tab further.

• Re: Tab Stops on forms
          Mahir Abrahim
          I've never really had any issues with tabstops.  I just go through and set the TabIndex property on all form objects and make sure the TabStop property is set to true/false depending on wheter I want it to be tabbable.
              Brian Dalton

Where do you find control properties like TabIndex and TabStop?  I had looked for them but not found them, and I assumed they simply weren't available.

Brian-

Mahir Abrahim
                  Just right-click the control in question (e.g. button, textbox, etc) and select Properties.  A window will pop up listing all the properties available for editing, including TabIndex and TabStop.
                      Brian Dalton

That's weird, because that's the first thing I tried, being as how that's the way it's always worked in VB.  I try and try but no matter how much I right-click, no menu ever appears.

When you talk about 'forms', I assume you mean data cards, such as file cards, search cards, template cards, etc., right?  I don't know of anything else in EPDM that has controls like you speak of.

I'm working with the EPDM 2010 beta.  Maybe that feature has been removed, though I can't imagine why.  Am I supposed to be able to get the context menu for a data card control by right-clicking a control in this version?  If not, could this be a bug?

Joy?

Brian-

PS, running on WinXP SP3