Try the following...
- Close Solidworks
- Open Registry (Start > Run > Regedit)
- Locate HKEY_Classes_Root\.sldprt
- Right click the folder and select export
- Save file to a location
- Delete .sldprt folder
- Restart machine
- Right click Solidworks file and select Open With
- Associate the file with Solidworks
Let me know if this doesn't resolve it and we can go from there.
Thanks for your reply.
I deleted those entries in the registry, but it still wants to open new instances of solidworks. Its strange because I am the only one in my engineering department who is having this problem (as far as I am aware anyway).