3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 10:28 AM by Wayne Tiffany

DYNAMIC HIGHLIGHT

Richard Hall

I'm running SW 2009 SP 4.1 after being on SW 2006.  I want to turn OFF the feature manager action of treeing to the selected when selecting from the model (dynamic highlight).  The problem is that I have cut off the dynamic highlight in both places in the options but still get the same result.  This is very aggrivating in a several layered assembly that I don't want to tree.  Does anyone know if this is possible in 2009 like in 2006.

Thanks,

• Re: DYNAMIC HIGHLIGHT
          Wayne Tiffany

From what you write, I think you want to stop the tree from scrolling to whatever you click on.  If so, uncheck the setting System Options/FeatureManager/Scroll selected item into view.  The dynamic highlight is generally desirable in that it highlights in the tree and graphics area an item you select.

WT

Richard Hall

Thanks Wayne,

I decided on my new install to not carry over my old settings by using the copy settings wizard due to my old toolbar setup from 2006.  That decision has caused some issues since it's been several years since I actually had to load settings manually. Haha.  

Rich

Wayne Tiffany

I never carry settings from one version to the next.  I always go through all the settings of a new version one by one and compare them to what I currently have.  I do this to see what's changed and to make a decision as to whether to keep my setting or change to a different setting.  That way each year is a deliberate decision for each setting.  I have attached the list of stuff that I change from the std settings in case you would like to look through it.

WT