AnsweredAssumed Answered

For the SheetMetal Guru's

Question asked by Jason Henke on Sep 10, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 by Andrew Schutte

OK so I've got these parts that I've been asked to convert to sheetmetal for a prototype mockup.  I tried to use the convert to sheetmetal feature and it works great for most of the bends.  Some of the bends are not exactly planar, there's a slight bend to them.  It's not to critical that the bend even be there.  So I've just straightened it in my mockup.  I've tried it a bunch of different ways and was able to flatten the part but it seems like there should be an easier way.  Also when I do get it to flatten with the convert it puts funny relief cuts all over.  So basically what I do to work around this is, I do a quick convert to sheetmetal, flatten the part create a sketch on the part convert entites copy the sketch and create a new part and use sketch bends, also while in the new part I would try to take out all of the funny relief cuts it put in.  Now that seems to work OK but it seems like a lot of work and a huge work around.  So I figured hey why not post it here and have the guru's take a look and see what they come up with.

So if any of you have time take a look if not no big deal I'll just keep plucking away at it using the method I came up with.  It works but it's cumbersome.

Thanks,

Jason

Outcomes