It seems like people are viewing this thread but not commenting so I'm guessing that means one or all of the following:
- I did not ask my question clearly
- I did not title the thread properly
- I did not post to the correct section of the forum
- Nobody else has experienced this behavior or needed the feature/s
If it is something that I've done, I would like fix it to both help the forums as a resource for others and get an answer for myself. Any suggestions?
I asked this same question on www.SolidJott.com and received an response from Lou Gallo in less than an hour. Using his suggestions I was able to use a workaround.
What I learned:
- There seems to be a bug in the belt/chain tool when working in 3D
- The belt/chain tool also works for sketch blocks, although I have used sketch blocks before I do not use them often and did no attempt this method prior to Lou's suggestion
- Using the sketch blocks worked for me. I was able to accomplish similar goals but did not retain all the functionality of using the actual 3D parts in that if I update my assembly pulley positions or sizes it does not automatically relfect on my belt tensioner locations.
thanks for the help Lou for getting me through this issue and on to discover the next.
If anyone has suggestions or experince with the original question I would still like to know if i've misused the tool, or if there is a way to drive the length of the sketch when driven dimensions are involved in the calcualtions.